- Read Chapters 1-3 of To Kill a Mockingbird.
- With your group, discuss and record your thoughts, questions, predictions and connections to your reading. The following questions may be used to guide your response:
- Discuss your impressions of Maycomb. What connections can you make?
- Discuss the social issues you become aware of in the first three chapters.
- Make some predictions about how Boo Radley will become involved in the story.
- From what you have learned so far, how might you describe Boo?
- Discuss the concept of being an outsider. What does it mean to be an outsider? Why are some people outsiders?
As a group, determine what you think are the most important sentences from each chapter. Defend your choice. Post your work to the blog. Read the choices of other groups and comment.